Opened as a grass Satellite Landing Ground for R.A.F
Shawbury in October 1940. It later became the satellite for
R.A.F. Tern Hill in January 1944. The small airfield had
very basic facilities, 5 Blister hangars and concrete
hardstandings. The site had limited accommodation for
R.A.F. personnel but was not manned by the RN.
The Admiralty was granted use of the station from
April 1944 and it was Used by aircraft form 758 Naval
Advanced Instrument Flying Training Squadron at R.N.A.S.
Hinstock. The need for the station as a satellite ended in
February 1945 when R.A.F. Peplow was transferred to the
Admiralty as a Satellite to RNAS Hinstock.
R.A.F. Bratton was closed by July 1945.
Click here for a list of