Royal Navy Research Archive Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS Talisman (N78)  (Read 122 times)

Phill Brady

• New Recruit
HMS Talisman (N78)
« on: 08 October 2024 11:45:24 am »

I was the 1st Lt, then OIC of the Sea Cadet unit TS Talisman, and have collected a ships badge for each ship and shore establishment I have been on. However, I haven’t been able to locate a badge for HMS Talisman, a T class submarine which was lost on 17th September 1942 and after which my SCC unit was named.

The only ‘badge’ I can find is a JPEG image from the internet and I am not sure if the badge would have been round or diamond shaped, though from doing some research I suspect that the diamond shape would have been correct, with the boats name being in black letters on a gold background.

I would be grateful for any help with my search, in particular any advice on obtaining a badge for wall mounting.

Thank you.

PhiloNauticus

• Warrant Officer
  • Valued Member
Re: HMS Talisman (N78)
« Reply #1 on: 09 October 2024 08:42:16 am »

Despite what is shown on the some websites, the correct badge is a diamond - black lettering on gold.

You could try -

https://wyedeanstores.com/collections/ship-crests

Phill Brady

• New Recruit
Re: HMS Talisman (N78)
« Reply #2 on: 09 October 2024 04:00:49 pm »

Thanks PhiloNauticus. I've had a look on their site but can't find a Talisman badge. I might send them an email to see if they've got one tucked away somewhere. Their prices are a bit on the high side but the badges do look well made!
Pages: [1]   Go Up